Friday, May 18, 2012

Bit of blip !

Good morning :D

Yesterday I went to youth club at my school, and I went down to 90.. which is 5. So, I didn't feel well so I did the usual, have a jelly baby, some orange juice and wait to test myself in 10minutes... the only problem was that I had run out of test strips, I was in trouble. I have never let my self run out of strips, but I did yesterday. Went up to an astonishing 19 ! I felt like I had let my self down, and it made me feel even worse when I remembered these were my levels when I was poorly. Mum said it wasn't my fault, that it was only a blip. But when I woke up this morning, instead of being around 123 or 130, I was 171, which is only 9.8 but it was the highest I have ever been in the morning since getting better.
I know why I went up was too much but I just couldn't stop crying and beating myself up about it. I am very strict with my diet and with what my levels should be, mum is too but I am a bit OTT, but I'm bound to be, I have only been a T1 Diabetic for about 8 weeks, trust me, it feels like 8 years!!
Yesterday was one of those days where I really didn't want to be a diabetic, and knowing that I couldn't do anything to get rid of my diabetes was, even worse. I sometimes ask my self, what have I done to deserve this? What has anyone that is suffering with T1 or T2 done to deserve it? Whoever knows some type of cure needs to speak up and tell the world quick. I don't want to be diabetic, but it doesn't mean I can do anything about it though. I just hope and pray for EVERYONE out there that has either T1 or T2 or gestational diabetes, there is hope guys, and we are examples of hope and faith, because we get by day by day knowing that we have it, and that we are going to conquer it, in our own special ways!

Loads of love,
Jaz<3

1 comment:

  1. dont beat yourself up, diabetes sometimes does its own thing and nothing you will do will stop it. it isnt anything you did wrong. there are gonna be blips like this especially when the honeymoon ends and the teenager hormones kick in fully, dont worry about it. as long as its only a couple of one offs it wont be too bad :)

    i have blips all the time too , last week i had a hypo and went up to 17 afterwards, id eaten too much and admitted it to my diabetes nurse (whos t1 too) and she went yeah it feels rubbish to be that low i understand.

    ReplyDelete