Saturday, October 18, 2014

Jasmin is becoming part robot?!?

Hey guys!

This blog title may confuse you, so let me explain...

I've been really struggling with controlling my diabetes recently, levels have been extremely high and I haven't been able to cope. I had a major breakdown after I came home to find my DSN sitting in my lounge. My mum had called her to help me sort out my levels, I'm thankful that she did but at the time I was just so distraught.

Anyway, I've been able to get my levels mostly in single figures all this week which I am really proud of. So, basically I have written this post to tell you about this new CGM that was only put on the market in Septemeber of this year called "FreeStyle Libre" which is a CGM that requires no finger prick testing, all you have to do is swipe the CGM (which is inserted on your arm) with the Freestyle Libre monitor and it records your glucose reading just like that! How cool?! So I've ordered a starter pack today to give it a go, and I'll give you guys an update when I get to use it.






Here is the link to their website : http://www.freestylelibre.co.uk/

Loads of love,
The Ginger T1 x

No comments:

Post a Comment