Thursday, April 5, 2012

I officially hate easter.

Easter is SUPPOSED to be full of fun, full of happiness and stuffing as much chocolate in you before Easter is over. But this year will be slightly different. This will be the first year I don't get to join in with the fun. I know, it may sound really petty, but actually to me it isn't. I remember Easter as chocolate mania, and that's the fun of Easter I think.
I am being quite strict with my diabetic diet, no sugars, no junk food, no fizzy drinks, but I didn't realise how hard it would be, to grow up as a teen not being about to pig out occasionally on my favourite sweets as a treat on a Friday after a long week at school. I don't know anyone my age that is going through the same feelings as me, and that makes me quite sad and lonely, it feels as if I am the only person going through this tough time.
The one thing I will enjoy the most this Easter, is seeing my little sister, Rosie, have the time of her life, enjoying and savouring every piece of that DEVIL CHOCOLATE !!! :) I know I would ! What about you? Are you fussed about Easter..? Do you have a strict diet, or do you correct your levels by boosting your insulin..? I would love to find out, and to know that other people, just like me are going through the same things as I am, thank you.

Lost of Love,
Jaz<3

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I can just get a little feeling of how you feel. I don't think that I can ever undersand fully, because I slip quite a bit and go for something that I shouldn't eat. I wish it were easier. I am gluten intolerant, but it is not quite as bad as what you are going through... I am so sorry, but I know that God has a reason for it. May he bless you with a fun time this Easter,even if you can't eat that DEVIL CHOCOLATE! :)
    By the way, I love your blog, keep it up!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karis,
      Thank you for writing :) I appreciate your helps lots :D thank you, I'm glad you like my blog x

      Jaz x

      Delete
  2. I don't know why my comment didn't show up!
    Don't hate Easter, once you can carb count, and have insulin ratios you can eat what you like. Even chocolate and cake! There are no restrictions x

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey again :) let yourself slip a bit or you'll burn out very quickly its too hard to keep up the perfect diet all the time. carb counting helps massively but your ratios normally change every month or so and even with basal bolus still hard to keep control during puberty learn to self adjust :) :) at the moment youre gonna be going through the honey moon period, make the most of it im in the divorce courts with mine lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hannah :)
    Yes, the doctor said I was still in the honey moon stage and that now and then my pancreas will work and then go dormant but I'm getting used to it now :) I thought it was going to be more difficult but I'm getting used to it now :D the next step is just injecting my self, my goal is to start injecting my self by the end of this month :D thank u for making me smile x
    Jaz

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah i remember my honeymoon i could do one injection a day and be perfect oh how i miss that lol have you started learning ot inject the orange :P that's how i had to learn at 6 or so cause despite injecting since i was 2 i was still a massive wimp :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hannah,

      I haven't started to inject the orange yet but I'm going to.. so I can practise before injecting myself! I'm a huggeee wimp :P But considering I have only been insulin dependent for only 1 and half weeks, I'm not doing too bad. I used to have a MASSIVE phobia of needles,(which really doesn't help when your insulin dependent)but at least I can bring my self to look at them now AND change the needles before either my mum or dad injects me. I was thrown completely in the deep end last week as I had 2 blood tests in the space on 1 week O.o.... but that helped me slightly get over the fact that I thought needles were much worse then they actually are :P
      Jaz<3

      Delete