Friday, April 6, 2012

Is it ONLY Day 2..?

Oh, it feels like forever since I have come home, BUT IT IS ONLY DAY 2 ! I was tested for my BG 12 times yesterday -_- my fingers are sore, so I have started to test my self on my arms. My mum and me have been looking at some support groups on Facebook, all of the sites are so supportive and making me feel better knowing that there IS people like me out there fighting this terrible diagnosis!!
We have been looking into the 'Omnipod', a tubeless device that sits on your skin ANYWHERE and injects your insulin for you! The needle goes in as quick as the needle on the BG tester!! How awesome is that? It is water tight, so you can go swimming fro how long you like,in the shower, in the bath, anywhere! It sits comfortably under your clothes and so very discrete! I might look into getting one, depending on how I feel. I have only been on the insulin pens for 2 days, so its a little bit too early to decide at this precise moment.
Have you got any other device that puts your insulin in, for you..? Have you got an insulin pump..? Or are you on straight forward injections..?

Lots of love,
Jaz<3

4 comments:

  1. I thought I answered this earlier!! I am glad you are feeling better. My husband and son both have type 1 diabetes and MDI, although I am hoping that my son will have a pump soon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have been looking into a pump as well :) They are supposed to be AMAZING, but I'll see how I go on injections x

      Thank you for writing,
      Jaz

      Delete
  2. Hey, I'm 13 and I've had diabetes since I was 2. Your mum should join the CWD group (children with diabetes) that's where all the parents talk over email. They organise events that all the diabetic families meet up. For example, I'm going to a caravan place in may where diabetic families are meeting up and all the teens just hang out and go swimming and you make loads of friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anonymous!
      Thak you for replying, my mum checked out the CWD and she likes it very much :D

      Jaz

      Delete